Experienced Fixed Fee Financial Services
Personalised advice for businesses, individuals, retirement, insurance and superannuation
OASIS – GOLD COAST TOTAL AND PERMANENT DISABILITY INSURANCE
Gold Coast Total and Permanent Disability Insurance (TPD) – a lump sum payment if you are deemed disabled permanently. It is normally paid to you when you have been advised by a medical specialist that you will never work again. TPD insurance cover relieves the financial pressure if you become totally and permanently disabled. It pays you a lump sum to assist with:
- Pay out your mortgage and any other personal debts or business debts.
- Provide for yours and your families ongoing living expenses.
- Pay for medical/rehabilitation and career/nursing costs.
- Allow you to modify your home if required for things such as wheel chair ramp, medical equipment, lifts, etc
- Pay for your children’s education now and in the future.
- Help your business partner come up with the money to buy your share of the business and so you receive the money for your share of the business.
Other factors to be aware of with Gold Coast Total & Permanent Disability Insurance (TPD):
- Everyone has different insurance needs and therefore the amount of cover you require must be worked out accurately.
- Total and permanent Disability Insurance premiums (cost) are determined by several specifics, for example your age, gender, medical history, occupation, etc.
- If structured correctly TPD insurance premiums can be tax deductible, which reduces the cost to you.
- We can lock in the cost so that as you get older the cost does not increase each year, making it affordable over the long term.
- Different insurance policies have very different TPD definitions, you need to makes sure you don’t get caught with one that allows the insurance company to get out of paying you on claim.
- The Gold Coast Total and Permanent Disability insurance can be structured to increase, remain the same, or decrease. We tailor your personal insurance needs to your situation.
- You can choose the frequency of your insurance payments to be either monthly, quarterly, bi-annually or annually.
- TPD insurance can be taken out for specific occupations, called “own occupation, or for “any occupation”. These help determine the likelihood of getting paid and also the cost of the cover.
- These insurance premiums can be paid by you, by someone else, or by your superannuation. If you have your super pay for TPD insurance then you need to be careful how you structure the insurance.
The cost of insuring yourself so that you and your family are covered is small compared to the emotional and financial cost of not having adequate personal insurance.
SOME OF THE AREAS WE SERVICE FOR GOLD COAST TOTAL AND PERMANENT DISABILITY INSURANCE ARE:
Please feel free to have a chat with us here at Oasis Financial Planning for all your Gold Coast Total and Permanent Disability Insurance (TPD) needs.